A home security camera is a camera that records video of your home and property. There is evidence to show that security cameras can be used to actively prevent criminal opportunists from engaging in unlawful activity. Therefore, whether you choose to install wired or wireless security cameras, one of the most significant advantages of security cameras is the peace of mind they provide.
Quality security cameras can live for ten years or even longer if they are maintained properly. However, because of the advances in technology, some homeowners are encouraged to replace or update their security cameras to benefit from the best features.
In this article, we will inform you when to fix and replace your security cameras so you can get the most out of them and safeguard your family as effectively as possible.
When to repair your security camera:
As a general rule, it is recommended that you manually inspect your surveillance system at least once each month. CCTV maintenance is a preventative service that is performed to guarantee that surveillance equipment is operating and reduce the chance of equipment failure. Furthermore, the following are some scenarios in which you may need your security system repaired:
- Your system exhibits poor video quality: There are various reasons that contribute to the appearance of grainy and low-quality CCTV footage from security cameras. This includes the method by which it was captured, the file resolution and compression, and other factors. Other typical concerns that might degrade video quality include poor lighting conditions, poor lens focus, poor camera sanitation, and incorrect camera settings. Since there are many potential culprits, it will be best to have a professional take a look and repair your security camera.
- Your system has no live feed: CCTV cameras are supposed to provide real-time video footage. There are various elements that can contribute to the lack of this, including an unstable network, power supply, and other considerations. Some homeowners have also reported experiencing this issue as a result of IP address problems. If you want to experience reliable security camera live feeds on any internet-enabled device, you should contact a professional as soon as possible.
- Your system has defective hard drives: If you attempt to access recorded video surveillance footage but are unable to locate any film in the history of playback sections of your DVR, it is possible that your security hard disk has failed. Another telling factor is that when DVRs first load up, they go through a “test” phase to ensure that there are no faults before entering the preset recording mode. As repairing this will require some expert knowledge and experience, you will need to seek the assistance of a professional to do the task.
- Your wiring shows signs of wear and tear: It is inevitable to observe some signs of wear and tear the longer you keep your security system. Visually inspect the panel to look for any evidence of damage or frayed wires. If the panel begins to malfunction or shows indications of wear, contact your security system company right away.
- You have programming issues: It is possible to program the system using a keypad that is attached to the main panel. In comparison to programming on a keypad with mere lights, programming on a keypad with an LCD display is much easier. To program the alarm, you must first enter the installer code that was provided to you. A more serious problem arises when you fail to recognise that your alarm system requires reprogramming, and as a result, it will most likely fail to function correctly when it is most needed. Regular alarm system maintenance demonstrates to be the most cost-effective alternative in this situation.
When to replace your security camera:
While repairs can fix some security problems, some will require replacement instead. Here are some circumstances when you will need to replace your security system:
- You have an old security system: The reliability of wired alarm systems might be jeopardised as they get older. Wires can break, bend, or get disconnected over time, which will have an impact on the overall functionality of your system. If you have a wired alarm system installed in your home or small business, it may be time to consider upgrading your security measures. Effective and innovative functions are now included in more modern security systems than they were previously. This offers remote access and control and customisation, and other features. In addition, updated security systems are more resistant to the vulnerabilities that arise from power interruptions. It should be equipped with a backup power supply, such as a generator or a battery, that can be activated automatically in the event of a power outage or blackout.
- Your security system is no longer functional: Of course, your security system will no longer be useful if it is no longer working. When burglars know that a household does not have a working security system, they will most likely target your home, which will put you and your family’s life in danger. Thus, if you find your security system not working anymore, you should replace this immediately.
At Casa Security, we don’t just sell you a home or business security system and then disappear. When you work with Casa Security, you form a partnership in which we assist your security needs on an ongoing basis and are available 24 hours a day to protect the safety of you and your belongings. Contact us if you need any security camera repairs services for your home.